This yummy goodness is derived from a recipe that my teaching partner was cooking in her
culinary arts classes this week. These kiddos kept bringing me samples of it
and I kept tasting. I finally decided I would make some subtle changes. I have
a sausage dip recipe that is the awesome and I sorta combined the two recipes
and wow, it is delicious, easy and looks fancy, too! I think this would be a
great dish to cook for a date! Guys... Are you listening?
1 pound regular sausage (use lean hamburger meat if you don’t have sausage on
hand and season it up a tad.)
3 cups spaghetti sauce (a 26 ounce can should work), I had some homemade sauce
frozen and just used that, you can use the store-bought stuff, it’s alright!
1-1/2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1- 8 oz container cream cheese with chives and onion
24 jumbo pasta shells
1/4 cup water
1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cook pasta according to package directions
3. Cook sausage throughly, drain
3. Place 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
4. Combine sausage, all cheese, cream cheese, too, water and 1 cup of spaghetti
sauce – keep a little parmesan cheese, to top it off later
5 Take cooked pasta and fill each shell with cheesy sausage filling and place it
in the baking dish.
6. Top with the sauce and cheese you have left, cover with foil and bake at 375
for 45 minutes until bubbly.
7. Top with parsley. Add more cheese if you want and cook about 10 more
This make enough for my little family to have leftovers. I make 2 small pans and freeze one for a night when I need something with very little hassle. ENJOY!