The Taco Ring is a flash back to my long ago days selling Pampered Chef (c) products. I still love and treasure all of my Pampered Chef tools! Really they can’t be beat! And Really I don’t sell it any more! I promise! But I did make Taco Ring for a lot of parties!
Here’s our families quick version!
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1/2 -1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 onion, diced
1 package dry taco seasoning packet
1/2 cup water or chicken broth (I just had some hanging out in my fridge begging to be used)
2 packages of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add seasoning, cheese, onion, water (or broth). Mix it up.
- Next you’ll need a round pizza pan or if you have a round baking stone, get it out.
- Spread your unbaked crescent rolls as shown in the picture below.
- Place meat mixture around the crescent rolls shown in picture.
- Pull ends over the meat mixture and tuck under.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until crescents are golden brown. Slice and serve in wedges.
Garnish the center with lettuce, tomatoes, a small bowl of hot sauce, use a bell pepper and cut the top off of it and make it into a serving bowl for hot sauce, sour cream or a spicy ranch dip!
Sorry I don’t have a complete picture with all the fabulous garnishes, but we were not feeling very fancy the night I prepared this dish. It was just a paper plate and taco ring kind of night! Enjoy!
I also appologize for my picture being blury! Next on my checklist for life…a photography class…someday…