Last night my good friend Al called me and asked if our family would like to join theirs for meatball subs. Of course! So, I took this opportunity to capture her recipe in pictures. The Meatball Subs were awesome! Totally filling and tasty! We have big, strapping, hungry husbands and three boys and each was totally filled by one sandwich!
2 pounds of ground beef
1/3 cup parmesan or mozzarella cheese
1 Tablespoon garlic
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 cans spaghetti sauce
8 white sub rolls
- In a medium bowl combine beef, cheese, eggs, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Roll meat into golfball sized meat balls and put into the skillet
- Brown on each side for 3-4 minutes, unitl throughtly cooked.
- Once all balls are throughly cooked, add the 2 cans of Spaghetti Sauce
- Simmer for 15 minutes to allow the meatballs to soak in the Speghetti sauce goodness.
- Cut open the sub rolls
- Place 3-4 meatballs in each sub roll and add a little more spaghetti sauce and top with more cheese.
- They are now ready to enjoy!
Thanks to Al for letting me look over her shoulder and share her great Meatball Sub’s! Smooches!