The Boy loves this! I do, too!
4 chicken breast, uncooked, I cut mine in to bite size pieces, but leave it whole if you want.
2 can of cream of something soup, I use one can or cream of mushroom and 1 can cream of celery, but use what you have on hand.
1 cup minute rice
2 cups water
2 envelopes dry onion soup mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, blend cream of soups, water, rice, and one onion soup mix packet.
3. Add uncooked chicken into mixture.
4. Pour into a baking dish sprinkle with the other envelope of dry onion soup mix.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Slow Cooker option: mix everything up pour into slow cooker and turn on low, cook for 6-12 hours.
Ok, this dish is not going to win any awards for the most beautiful dish, but dang, it is tasty! Did you ever hear the phrase, “Don’t judge and book by its cover?” Or maybe you looked at a stray dog once and said, “He’s so ugly he’s cute?” Same rules apply here. Maybe try serving with some green beans and fresh sliced tomatoes for some color! Yep, that will help.