Who does not love stew on a cold day? Put this in the Slow Cooker and you are set! Quick, hearty and full of flavor!
1-2 pounds beef stew meat
2 tablespoons butter.
2 cups of carrots, cut into chunks or use the minis
1- 1/2 cups onions, sliced
1/2 cup celery
1 tablespoon minced garlic
16 ounces Beef stock
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- If you will be using a crock pot liner, go ahead and put it into place.
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add onions, celery and garlic, cook till just slightly tender. Place in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of seasoning salt on the stew meat, go ahead…add a little more, it’s not going hurt anything.
- Put the meat in the hot skillet you used earlier in a single layer. using tongs turn over so that all sides of the cubed stew meat are lightly browned.
- Place in slow cooker.
- In the same hot skillet, add red wine vinegar and beef stock. Heat it up add the thyme and pepper. Pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 8- 12 hours.