We eat lots of pork here on The Ridge. One of our favorites is pork roast. I have at least three recipes I use regularly and this one is my absolute favorite. I asked my husband to help me name this recipe and as he was eating his second helping he said, “Just call it Pork-O-Licious”. So try it out and let me know what you think!
2-3 pound Pork Roast
1 bag Baby Carrots
2 onions, diced
1-2 Jalapeños, sliced, I use the mild or no heat pepper from a jar, (gasp!)
1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
1-2 Tablespoons Hot pepper sauce, like tabasco, I have been on a jalapeno or chipolte pepper kick lately, so I used the jalapeno sauce today
1 Beef bullion cube, dissolved in 2 cups water
Also have on hand:
Slow cooker liners, found in the aisle with the sandwich bags. Very handy!
1. If you are using the handy Slow Cooker Liners go ahead and put one in your slow cooker.
2. Wash your bag of carrots and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Chop 2 onions and place on top of the carrots.
4. Add red pepper, jalapeños, hot pepper sauce.
5. Unwrap your pork roast and rub all over with a liberal amount of salt. Place in slow cooker.
6. Mix up bullion and pour over pork roast. Make sure that liquid covers at least 1/2 of the roast. Add more water to get the liquid level up, if necessary.
7. Cover and cook in low for 6-8 hours.