Just say the phrase Man Tacos around this place and the crowd goes wild. Ok, well, the three of us go wild. We love them. LOVE THEM! We had a dinner party about a week ago, where we introduced some good friends (14 of us total) to the beauty and tastiness of the Man Tacos! We had been keeping this little secret to ourselves until then. We, the Langley’s, have now decided that the rest of the world should be notified about the MAN TACO! Here’s a hint: when you say MAN TACO you have to sound like a super hero or a sports announcer! It’s a must! Well, it makes it a lot more fun, anyway! Ok now go reread the intro using your superhero voice, go ahead, it’s OK, no one is listening.
On to the recipe….
2 pounds cube steak – yup, that tenderized stuff you make chicken fried steak out of, slice it into thin strips. I use scissors (aka: kitchen shears) to cut mine. In the photos, I have 5 pounds of meat, because I was feeding 14 people! Your pile of meat will probably not be as big.
- 1 onion, slices into thin strips
- 1 stick of butter, use 1/2 of the stick now and you will use the other later
- put 1/2 of the stick in a large, hot skillet, melt it and let it start turning brown.
- Add your onion strips.
- Cook till tender, take them out of the skillet and put to the side.
Put that skillet right back on the fire and add that other 1/2 a stick of butter, get it melting
- Sprinkle the meat with seasoning salt and add a single layer to the skillet.
- Use tongs or a spatula to turn the meat over once it is brown, this will take a minute of two on each side.
- Place the cooked meat on a plate and cook the next batch of meat, if necessary.
Once all the meat is cooked, place all of it back in the skillet.
- Pour 1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce over the meat and stir and let simmer for a couple of minutes
- Add 1-2 Tablespoons of hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco), I usually have this on hand. For the party I used a spicy Chipotle sauce because hubby had received it as a Christmas gift and I thought it sounded good!
- Sauce will thicken in about 5 minutes
- Add the onions back into the skillet. Coat throughly.
You are ready to assemble the Man Tacos. Yeah!
Take a warm tortilla and layer:
- meat and onions,
- grated cheddar cheese,
- sour cream,
- tomatoes and
- salsa – Maybe some Can Can Salsa? Check tomorrows post for the recipe for the Can Can Salsa…
Enjoy your Man Tacos!
Scramble an egg and use those leftovers to make a breakfast taco! Yummy Goodness!
Meet The Boy. This is the Little Man on The Ridge. He and his daddy spend quite a bit of time at target practice. He loves those little clay targets. I was flipping through my photos from the New Years weekend and this was my absolute favorite. It gives me a warm feeling deep in my heart! So many blessings straight from God right there in one little ‘ol picture! Have a great Day!